Thursday, March 6, 2014

Stepping In and Stepping Back

Hello dear readers, just thought I'd check in to let you know I'm fine, I just haven't been able to blog regularly due to being busy. Plus, we're apparently still deep in the middle of Hell Winter, so I think that gives many of us a ready-made excuse for any occasion.

As such, I'm a bit disconnected from the blogosphere - are people having fun and talking about stuff without me?!  Are Internet explosions happening?  Is Shmugo Shmyzer finding new ways of making Internet feminism all about him? Are MRAs still assholes?  Is it still worse to be called a bigot than it is to be bigoted?

It's weird, these periods of stepping away from blogosphere every now and then, after periods of immersion in it. Away from Internet, I've actually been doing a lot of writing, like 12 hours a day of writing, of the variety that, unlike blogging, pays my bills and doesn't lead to veiled rape threats.

So, in a sense, I've been avoiding blogosphere, with few exceptional day trips, so I'm not triggered to use my limited writing energy Telling Someone They're Wrong on Internet or telling a Condescending Mansplainer that his maleness and anti-feminism don't make him automatically smarter than everyone here.

But, give me about 5 minutes of actually being able to read the blogs in my RSS feed and I'm sure I'll start cranking out a blogpost immediately.  So, stay tuned for that!

In other news, I've been reading Kushiel's Dart, in line with my 2014 Book Experiment (which definitely needs a better name).  It's not what I expected it to be, I'll say that for now - but I am enjoying it, especially as I've progressed through it.





No comments: