Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Femslash Tuesday: A Bonus Day

Just because last week was apparently Troll Week in Fannie's Room, consider this post a bonus for all of you kind readers who don't annoy the shit out of me.

Also, just so we're all on the same page, my days of engaging in kangaroo character court trials run by aggrieved, rando internet men who fancy themselves my intellectual overlords are looooooooooong over.

Speaking of scary stuff, remember Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)?  As a kid, I probably started watching scary movies and reading Stephen King books way earlier than was "age-appropriate." *Shrug*  It in junior high? Sure, why not! Poltergeist at age 5? Yeah!

I watched all of the Nightmare movies and The Dream Master was always my favorite.

Why?  Alice.

Alice is the hero of Dream Master. For, as villain Freddy kills her friends one by one, she comes to embody each of their unique abilities. (FACT: In a similar vein, feminist bloggers gain the powers of our sisters who have been harassed off the Internet by abusers, stalkers, and trolls. Just FYI!)

In this clip, below, Alice realizes she has acquired some sweet nunchuk skills. Game over, Freddy!





Boom. A pre-cursor to Buffy? I like to think so.

Pairing: Alice/Faith LeHane.  Because we could all use more badass female pairings in our lives.

No comments: